FairPlay Voucher - Funding to help kids participate
What is the FairPlay Voucher
FairPlay Voucher assists children and young people who can least afford or may otherwise benefit from joining a sport or recreation club.
Eligible children and young people can apply online for a voucher valued up to $150 online, which can be redeemed at a sport or recreation club registered that is registered as an activity provider.
The vouchers for eligible children and young people refer to the links below.
Who can apply?
The following applicants are eligible for a FairPlayvoucher:
- Children and young people from the age of five and under the age of 18 who hold or whose parent, guardian or carer holds a Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card and are Queensland residents.
- Other children or young people identified by two referral agents (see below).
How do I get a voucher?
A parent, carer or guardian of an eligible child or young person can apply online for a voucher when applying for a voucher, and the following details will be required:
- name, age and date of birth of the child or young person
- name, address, telephone number and email address of the parent, carer or guardian
- a valid Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card number, or if the child or young person is being referred, the contact details of two referral agents.
If a child is eligible for FairPlay Voucher, they are not guaranteed a voucher. The funding will be distributed in two rounds each year on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the allocation for each round is exhausted, the program will close, and no further vouchers will be offered for that round.
Before applying for a voucher, it is recommended that you read the Frequently Asked Questions for Parents, Carers and Guardians and the terms and conditions for the use of the voucher before applying.
Once you have read through the voucher's information and discussed membership requirements with your local sport or recreation club, you can proceed to apply online.
It is recommended that you:
- use a personal computer or laptop to apply (the online voucher application system does not support IOS or Android devices)
- have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed (as a minimum) on your computer (Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded here
- have access to a printer to print the voucher to present it to the local club.